Year of foundation – 1930.
Accreditation level – ²V, license ÀÂ ¹ 585817 of 22.06.2011
Rector – Pobirchenko Nataliya Semenivna, Doctor of Sciences (Pedagogics), professor.
The history of Uman State Pedagogical University begins in August, 1930. It was named Institute of social education then and included 4 departments: Technics and Mathematics Dept., Social Studies and Economics Dept., Language and Literature Dept., Biology Dept. Education lasted 3 years. The first admission was 120 students.
In 1933 it was renamed into Pedagogical institute with the 4-year term of studying. Departments also changed though their number remained the same -4: History Dept., Mathematics Dept., Language and Literature Dept., Biology Dept.
In 1935 Institute changed its name and became Teachers Institute with only 2 departments remaining – Physics and Mathematics Dept. and Natural Sciences and Geography dept. Great Patriotic War ceased the work of the institute. In 1941 Uman was occupied by fascist invaders and a lot of students went to fight in the war. On March 10, 1944 Uman was liberated and in June the enactment on reestablishment of the institute was proclaimed. Institute resumed its work on June 15, 1944, with the same 2 departments remaining: Physics and Mathematics Dept. and Natural Sciences and Geography dept.
Physical infrastructure was getting stronger, personnel increased in number thus new departments were established: History Dept. resumed its work in 1946; Natural Sciences Dept. of Odessa Teachers Institute was added in 1947; the same department of Kyiv Institute was added a year after.
In 1952 Uman Teachers Institute was reorganized into Uman State Pedagogical Institute. 1960 became the year of Pedagogics and Methods of Primary Education creation.
In 1967 Institute was named after Pavlo H. Tychyna.
In 1976 Institute started training of General Technics and Labour Education teachers.
1990’s and the beginning of 2000’s were marked by rapid development of the institute and crucial changes in all spheres of its life. The following dynamics proves this:
|Lecturers and Instructors||144||448|
|Doctors of Science, Professors||2||6|
|Ph.D., Assistant Professors||48||81|
In 1998 Uman State Pedagogical Institute was reorganized into Pavlo Tychyna Uman State Pedagogical University.
NATURAL, MATHEMATICAL AND TECHNOLOGIC EDUCATION INSTITUTE
- Natural Sciences And Geography Department
- Physics And Mathematics Department
- Technology And Pedagogics Department
SOCIAL AND ECONOMIC EDUCATION INSTITUTE
- Social Pedagogics And Applied Psychology Department
- Physical Education Department
- The Economy Department
PHILOLOGY AND SOCIAL SCIENCE INSTITUTE
- Ukrainian Philology Department
- Foreign Languages Department
- History Department
CHILD DEVELOPMENT INSTITUTE
- Primary Education Department
- Preschool Education Department
- Arts And Pedagogics Department
NATURAL SCIENCES AND GEOGRAPHY DEPARTMENT
- Chemistry and Ecology Chair
- Biology and Methods of its teaching Chair
- Geography and Methods of its teaching Chair
HYSICS AND MATHEMATICS DEPARTMENT
- Physics and Astronomy and Methods of their Teaching Chair
- Higher Mathematics Chair
- Informatics and Information and communication Technologies Chair
TECHNOLOGY AND PEDAGOGICS DEPARTMENT
- Labour and Vocational Training Theory and Methods Chair
- Technique and Technological subjects Chair
- Vocational education and computer technologies Chair
SOCIAL PEDAGOGICS AND APPLIED PSYCHOLOGY DEPARTMENT
- Social Pedagogics and History of Pedagogics Chair
- Psychology Chair
- General Pedagogics And Pedagogics Of Higher Institutes Of Education and Management Chair
PHYSICAL EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
- Theory And Methodology Of Physical Education Chair
- Sports Disciplines Chair
- Valeology And Physical Education Chair
THE ECONOMY DEPARTMENT
- Economy of Enterprises and Finance Chair
- Chair of Economic theory and law
- Chair of Marketing and humanitarian disciplines
- Tourism, hotel and restaurant activities Chair
UKRAINIAN PHILOLOGY DEPARTMENT
- Ukrainian literature and Ukrainian Studies Chair
- Ukrainian language Chair
- Practical linguistics Chair
FOREIGN LANGUAGES DEPARTMENT
- English Language Chair
- Theory And Methodology Of Foreign Languages Chair
- Practice of Foreign Languages Chair
- History of Ukraine Chair
- World History and Jurisprudence Chair
- Philosophy and Social Science Chair
PRIMARY EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
- Educational technologies and pedagogical creative work Chair
- Theory Of Primary Education Chair
- Primary School Professional Methods And Innovative Technologies Chair
PRESCHOOL EDUCATION DEPARTMENT
- Preschool Pedagogics And Psychology Chair
- Theory And Methodology Of Preschool Education Chair
- Correctional Pedagogics And Psychology Chair
ARTS AND PEDAGOGICS DEPARTMENT
- Art And Artistic Pedagogy Chair
- Choreography And Musical Instruments Chair
- Musicology And Vocal And Choir Disciplines Chair
|Teaching staff||494 (44 doctors of science and professors, 163 Ph.D.)|
|Students trained||Over 7 000+|